We have one of the highest-volume family medicine and OB training experiences in the country. Our staff includes 17 family medical faculty who supervise and staff our deliveries serving as role models for the delivering family medicine resident and two OB-fellowship-trained FM Faculty.
Our facility has 250 deliveries per month in our hospital with our residents delivering 99 percent of the patients. The current cumulative (three-year) resident delivery numbers average 110-210 deliveries. Our residents are the primary delivery physician on almost all forceps and vacuum deliveries
Our residents train as the primary surgeon on 35-100 C-sections over three years leading to competency and privileges after training.
Floor supervision, vaginal deliveries and C-sections only involving our Family Medicine residents in consultation with our Family Medicine faculty, the in-house OB laborists or the community OB attendings
We offer an excellent gynecologic operative experience with:
- Advanced training and community support
- High-volume continuity OB care of your own patients
- Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO) training at the beginning of residency
- Close working relationship with area obstetricians and delivering family medicine physicians
- Women's health rotation emphasizing colposcopy and LEEP training
- High-risk OB management opportunities
- Crisis pregnancy clinic rotations for broadened OB care in crisis
- Numerous continuity OB patients for the residents
- High-level 3-D ultrasound scanning