Ascension Via Christi Family Medicine Residency 50th Anniversary Alumni Bike Trip
Sept. 17-21, 2020
In 1970, St. Joseph Hospital in Wichita, Kansas took a giant step toward becoming a teaching hospital. Dr. Lew W. Purinton, medical education director, and Dr. Robert Purves, were instrumental in the opening of a three-year residency program in the newly launched specialty of Family Medicine where young physicians would be trained to care for patients within their families and communities through a new comprehensive model, which would include longitudinal training in obstetrics , pediatrics, internal medicine, surgery, and psychiatry among others. The St. Joseph Family Medicine Residency was launched.
50 years later, the Ascension Via Christi Family Medicine Residency is still going strong because of you. Thank you for being part of this 50 year legacy and help us continue this vital program in our community for many years to come. Please join us in Colorado for this year's annual Alumni Bike Trip in celebration of the 50th anniversary of St. Joseph Family Medicine Residency.
Fill out the registration form below
Your $100 registration will cover:
- The Friday morning CME event
- Entry for you and your spouse/significant other to the Saturday evening alumni banquet, including dinner
- And cover the cost of one current resident’s entry to the alumni banquet and dinner
Address: P.O. Box 1845, 0083 Nancy's Place, CR 1014, Frisco, CO 80443
Friday, Sept. 18, 9 a.m.-noon: CME
Sat., Sept. 19, 6-9 p.m.: Alumni Banquet
Frisco Lodging Suggestions
- Summit Resort Group (condominium rental agency) 970.468.9137
- Galena Street Inn 970.668.3224
- Frisco Lodge 800.279.6000
- Hotel Frisco on Main Street 970.293.8787
- Snowshoe Motel 970.668.3444
- Mountainside Condominiums 970.439.5196
We need your support!
Alumni and supporters may contribute to the Ascension Via Christi Family Medicine Residency Bike Trip Fund below. Please consider donating $250, $500, $1,000 or surprise us! You may also send a check payable to 'Via Christi Foundation', 3600 E. Harry, Wichita, KS 67218. Please note 'Bike Trip' donation and/or registration on the memo or in your letter. You may also call Via Christi Foundation at 316.239.3520 to donate.