The mission of Ascension Via Christi Family Medicine Residency is to teach comprehensive family medicine to residents of character who are called to serve the community with an emphasis on patient-centered care.
Family medicine is one of medicine’s most challenging and progressive specialties. Our program offers an unparalleled opportunity to learn — if you are up to the challenge.
Via Christi Family Medicine strives to meet the challenges of the changing healthcare environment through a community-based residency program served only by our family medicine residents.
Our program serves metropolitan Wichita and rural Kansas (a population of about 500,000), for a patient training base sufficient to help you develop the competence, confidence and comfort to practice broad-based family medicine anywhere in the world (urban, suburban, rural or international).
From day one, our residents are treated as capable physicians, and are given the freedom and responsibility to care for patients at their comfort level from admission to discharge. We will prepare you for the type of practice you desire in family medicine.
Ascension Via Christi Family Medicine Residency offers a broad training opportunity to prepare you for your future practice at whatever level you desire.
Is this the place for you?
- Community-based training in a strong family medicine community involving only our family medicine residents
- Full range of information technology (fully integrated office-to-inpatient Cerner EHR, fully computerized inpatient hospital orders, digital radiology and lab, mobile computers and wireless network)
- One of the strongest full-spectrum family medicine OB training experiences in the country, including primary training in C-sections and operative vaginal deliveries
- Strong procedural emphasis (especially operative OB and endoscopy)
- Faculty members who are primarily focused on mentoring, supervision, oversight and advice (for life issues as well as medical issues)
- Large-volume OB, family medicine and pediatrics services including full ICU management
- Excellent sports medicine training including a sports medicine fellowship
- International Family Medicine Fellowship program