Via Christi, a part of Ascension, is a proud participant in the Veterans Choice program through the Veterans Administration.
Veterans eligible for the Veterans Choice program may receive services at any Via Christi facility. Veterans are eligible if they:
- Face wait times in excess of 30 days to receive services at a VA facility,
- Must travel more than 40 miles from their home to a VA facility with a full-time primary care physician, or
- Face a lack of available specialists at a VA facility.
How it works
Veterans must obtain an authorization prior to their appointment. If a veteran is cared for without having an authorization, this could result in the veteran paying costly out-of-pocket expenses.
To be connected with a provider, please call the VA at 1-866-606-8198.
In Kansas, the TriWest Healthcare Alliance coordinates all appointments with a provider’s office or facility. When you call, please have your Veterans Choice ID number available, as well as information about any other health coverage you may have. Your Veterans Choice ID number can be located here:
When you call, the VA will:
- Ask for your ZIP code.
- Ask for your address.
- Check to make sure you are eligible for this program.
- Check which of your needs are covered by the VA.
- Ask for your preferred community provider. Remember to request your local Via Christi doctor.
For more information about what you need to know before your appointment, visit the TriWest website.
To learn more about Ascension’s participation in Veterans Choice, visit ascension.org/veterans. Ascension sites of care can provide primary care, inpatient care, outpatient specialty care and mental health services to veterans who receive pre-authorization. Long-term care and emergency care is not currently covered under the Veterans Choice Program. The VA has other options for veterans requiring emergency care.
Learn more about Veterans Choice at va.gov/opa/choiceact.