Project Renewal is an investment of more than $50 million to renovate Ascension Via Christi St. Joseph in Wichita, expanding its historic role as a full-service, innovative family medical center that provides compassionate, personalized care for all of a family’s needs.
Aspects of the project include:
- Ascension Via Christi St. Joseph will have private patient rooms for medical-surgical patients to augment renovations already completed for women and newborns in our NewLife Center, which includes a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- Create pediatric-friendly services in St. Joseph’s ER, one of the busiest in Kansas.
- Build a world-class, state-of-the-art behavioral health service that meets one of the most pressing challenges as identified in the 2016 Community Needs Assessment Survey — a joint project of Via Christi, United Way of the Plains and the Sedgwick County Public Health Department.
- Enhance inpatient behavioral services on the 6th and 7th floors, including a therapeutic recreational center for adolescent and adult patients.
- Consolidate outpatient behavioral health services now being delivered in multiple sites — primarily at St. Joseph and the aging Ascension Via Christi Behavioral Health Center on Orme Street.
- Expanded on-call space for one of the nation’s leading residency programs for family medicine physicians, general surgeons and psychiatrists.
To support Project Renewal, contact Monica Coen at 316-858-4946 or firstname.lastname@example.org.