Ascension Via Christi Hospital’s Emergency Room and Level III Trauma Center is open around the clock to treat injuries ranging from minor to the most serious. Every year our ER sees about 15,000 patients in Pittsburg, KS.
Ascension Via Christi Hospital is a Level III Trauma Center. This verification from the American College of Surgeons includes:
- 24-hour immediate coverage by emergency medicine physicians and the prompt availability of general surgeons, orthopedic surgeons, and anesthesiologists
- A comprehensive quality assessment program
- Back-up care for rural and community hospitals
- Continued education of the nursing and trauma team
- Prevention efforts and an active outreach program for referring communities
The Ascension Via Christi Hospital is a designated Stroke Ready Hospital and access to a 24/7 cardiac cath lab. Our staff cares for patients facing life-threatening situations every day and it’s an honor to be trusted with the care of your family.
Every room is connected to a centralized monitoring system, overseeing the vital signs of each patient. Upon entering our emergency department, patients are evaluated by a registered nurse and triaged according to the following classifications:
- Emergent - Those who have life-threatening illness or injury
- Urgent - Those who are in stable condition, but need help as soon as possible
- Non-urgent - Those who are in stable condition, requiring medical screening or minimal medical instruction.
Ascension Via Christi Hospital will also also offers emergency care in Fort Scott at 401 Woodland Hills Boulevard.