A regional leader in healthcare
In 1903, when the Sisters of St. Joseph came to Pittsburg, Kansas, they opened Mt. Carmel Hospital, known today as Ascension Via Christi Hospital in Pittsburg. Continuing the Sisters' legacy, we strive every day to make a difference in the lives of those we serve. We're committed to our mission of serving as a healing presence with special concern for our neighbors who are vulnerable.
We are excited to announce that we just opened a new joint venture clinic to take care of our local citizens and families! Via Christi Mercy Clinic is now open and offers primary care and immediate care services right here in Pittsburg. The clinic is located adjacent to Ascension Via Christi Hospital.
Among our hospital's features are:
- 3D mammography services.
- Our 40,000-square-foot Surgery Center includes state-of-the-art technology, including robotic-assisted, minimally invasive surgeries with the da Vinci Robotic Surgical System.
- The Dr. M.K. Parsi Women's Center, which includes a level II nursery and central fetal monitoring system.
- The Via Christi Heart Center, which, supported by our newly renovated $2.6 million Cardiac Stepdown Unit, features a state-of-the-art catheterization lab
- Our Emergency Room, which is recognized as a Level III Trauma Center by the Committee on Trauma of the American College of Surgeons
- Our extensive specialty service lines, which include diagnostics, surgery, physical therapy and occupational health.
Accreditation and safety initiatives
Ascension Via Christi Hospital in Pittsburg is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and holds memberships in the American Hospital Association, the Kansas Hospital Association and the Catholic Health Association. Our hospital is currently training associates for our hospital to become a High Reliability Organization to increase safety for patients, visitors and employees. Quality measure data for Ascension Via Christi Hospital may be found at the Hospital Compare website. Soon, Ascension Via Christi Hospital will also be voluntarily reporting safety data to the Leapfrog Group.