Treatment offered helps patients with more severe symptoms from their mental illness
Via Christi’s intensive outpatient program is operated in conjunction with Via Christi Psychiatric Clinic and provides deeper treatment for patients with more severe symptoms from their mental illness.
Providing age-appropriate care for adolescents, age 11-17, and for adults 18 years and older, it offers:
- Medication management
- Group therapy
- A focus on helping patients learn healthy life skills
- Wellness and symptom-awareness education
- Communication skills
- Goal-setting strategies
The goal is to prevent patients from needing inpatient hospitalization for their mental illness and to provide care with minimal disruption of school, work and family activities.
Patients may benefit from outpatient programs if they have:
- A primary psychiatric diagnosis (Axis I) other than substance abuse/dependence
- Adequate cognitive ability to benefit from educational and therapeutic offerings
- Evening and weekend support
- Access to transportation