At Ascension Medical Group, we are committed to providing expert and personalized care. We see your care as a partnership, and we look forward to keeping you as healthy as possible.
Arrival time: Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time to help appointments run on schedule.
Late arrival policy: If you arrive more than 15 minutes late, you may be asked to reschedule your appointment.
Canceled appointments: To help us better serve all patients who need appointments, we require 24-hour notice if you are unable to keep a scheduled appointment. If you have any questions or need to reschedule your appointment, please call our office or visit the myViaChristi patient portal.
Fees and billing
Please be prepared to pay your copays at the time of your visit.
We recommend you check with your insurance company to verify our providers are on the contracted provider list. Our billing department will file insurance claims with all major insurance companies, Medicare and Medicaid.
Referrals to specialists: Please check with your insurance company to confirm coverage prior to your appointment with a specialist.
Via Christi Immediate Care offers timely treatment for non-life-threatening issues at a lower copay than an ER visit. Conveniently located in east Wichita, west Wichita and Newton, a visit to Via Christi Immediate Care can save you time and money. Learn guidelines of whether to use Immediate Care or the ER. You will also find an online check-in option for our Wichita Immediate Care locations and a listing for hours of operation.
Ways to reach us
Patient portal: Our online portal is our preferred method of communicating with patients. It offers a secure and convenient way to send and receive messages with our office. You can request medication refills, schedule an appointment, review lab results from your chart and much more. We encourage you to register for the patient portal as soon as possible. Sign up at any Ascension Medical Group office, then log in at viachristi.org/patientportal.
Telephone: Please note that our high volume call times are all day Monday, and from 8:30 to 10 a.m. daily. We recommend using the portal to contact our office during these times to avoid the possibility of longer hold times.
- Please let our schedulers know all concerns you would like to address at your visit as we schedule appointment times accordingly. Due to occasional time constraints, we may not be able to address all concerns during a single visit.
- New patients should not expect to have chronic pain medication prescribed until such time as their new provider deems it appropriate.
- We require 48-hour notice via the patient portal or telephone to complete all refill requests. Medication refills and paperwork are not available on weekends.
- Please verify your current medications and allergies at each visit.
- If you need to leave a message for the nurse, please use the patient portal or call our office and a message will be forwarded to your provider’s clinical staff.