Cosmetic forehead surgery
Minimizes forehead creases, drooping eyebrows, hooding over eyes, furrowed forehead and frown lines by removing excess tissue, altering muscles and tightening the forehead skin. May be done using the traditional technique, with an incision across the top of the head just behind the hairline; or with the use of an endoscope, which requires three to five short incisions. Most often done on people over 40.
- Procedure takes 1-2 hours
- General anesthesia is used for this procedure
- Performed at Ascension Via Christi Surgery Center. Does not require an overnight stay.
- Overnight stay is optional at an additional cost for cosmetic patients.
- Possible side effects include temporary swelling, numbness, headaches, bruising, possible itching or hair loss
- Back to work in 7-10 days, usually sooner for endoscopic forehead lift
- More strenuous activity in several weeks
- Full recovery from bruising takes 2-3 weeks
- Limit sun exposure for several months
Results usually last 5-10 years