This advanced, minimally invasive body contouring procedure has less bruising, less pain and a quicker recovery that traditional liposuction. VASERlipo™ uses ultrasonic energy that is placed under the skin to gently break apart and suction out fatty tissue, while preserving important tissues like nerves, blood vessels and collagen.
VASERlipo™ can be used for major transformations (often large volume and requiring general anesthesia) or for small, problem areas performed under local and oral anesthesia.
- Procedure takes 1-2 hours or more
- Oral and/or local anesthesia is used depending on the extent of the areas
- Performed at Via Christi Surgery Center
- Possible side effects include temporary bruising, swelling, numbness, soreness, burning sensation, temporary fluid drainage from incision sites
- Back to work within 48 hours
- No exercise or strenuous activity for 2 weeks
- Full recovery from bruising and swelling 2-3 months
Results from VASERlipo™ can be permanent with sensible diet and exercise.