A thigh lift is performed to remove excess skin and fat from the thighs. The skin of the thigh is also tightened by this procedure. It may be performed in conjunction with liposuction, and it is a common treatment in individuals who have had significant amounts of weight loss.
- Procedure takes 2-5 hours
- General anesthesia is used for the procedure
- Performed at Ascension Via Christi Surgery Center. Does not require an overnight stay
- Overnight stay is optional at an additional cost for cosmetic patients
- Possible side effects include temporary pain, swelling, soreness, numbness of thigh skin, bruising and tiredness for several weeks or months.
- Back to work in 2-4 weeks
- More strenuous activity in 4-6 weeks or more
- Fading and flattening of scars in 3 months to 2 years.