Improves body shape by removing exercise-resistant fat deposits with a tube and vacuum device. Can be performed using the tumescent technique, in which targeted fat cells are infused with saline solution with a local anesthetic before liposuction to reduce post-operative bruising and swelling.
Common locations for liposuction include:
- Upper arms
- Above breasts
- Procedure takes 1-2 hours or more
- General anesthesia
- Performed at Ascension Via Christi Surgery Center. Does not require an overnight stay
- Overnight stay is optional at an additional cost for cosmetic patients
- Possible side effects include temporary bruising, swelling, numbness, soreness, burning sensation
- Possible side effects of the tumescent technique include temporary fluid drainage from incision sites
- Back to work in 1-2 weeks.
- More strenuous activity in 2-4 weeks
- Full recovery from swelling and bruising takes 1-6 months or more
Results can be permanent with sensible diet and exercise
Before and after slideshow
Click on the image below to view our gallery of before and after transformations. There are some graphic images that may not be suitable for children to view.