An arm lift, also known as brachioplasty, is a surgical procedure to remove loose skin and excess fat deposits in the upper arm. With age, upper arm skin can become loose and flabby. Liposuction can be used alone or in conjunction with an arm lift to remove excess fat in the upper arms.
- Procedure takes two to five hours
- General anesthesia
- Performed at Ascension Via Christi Surgery Center. Does not require an overnight stay
- Overnight stay is optional at an additional cost for cosmetic patients
- Possible side effects include temporary pain, swelling, soreness, numbness of arm skin, bruising and tiredness for several weeks or months
- Back to work in 2-4 weeks
- More strenuous activity in 4-6 weeks or more
- Fading and flattening of scars in three months to 2 years
Before and after slideshow
Click on the image below to view our gallery of before and after transformations. There are some graphic images that may not be suitable for children to view.