Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)
Flattens the abdomen by removing excess fat and skin and tightening muscles of abdominal wall.
- Procedure takes 2-5 hours
- General anesthesia is used for the procedure
- Performed at Ascension Via Christi Surgery Center. Does not require an overnight stay
- Overnight stay is optional at an additional cost for cosmetic patients
- Possible side effects include temporary pain, swelling, soreness, numbness of abdominal skin, bruising and tiredness for several weeks or months
- Back to work in 2-4 weeks
- More strenuous activity in four to 6 weeks or more
- Fading and flattening of scars in 3 months to 2 years
The results of a tummy tuck are almost immediately visible and can continue to develop and improve over several months. Results are permanent with sustained weight and general fitness.
Before and after slideshow
Click on the image below to view our gallery of before and after transformations. There are some graphic images that may not be suitable for children to view.