The ER at Ascension Via Christi Hospital in Manhattan offers high-quality medical services by physicians with specialty training in emergency medicine to roughly 24,000 patients each year. We are equipped to handle all situations, from emergencies such as heart attacks, to other urgent illnesses and injuries.
With 16 treatment rooms available for a variety of emergency situations, the ER is physician-staffed 24 hours a day, with physician assistants, nurses, technicians and other staff providing additional support.
In addition to physicians who specialize in emergency medicine, physicians in other medical specialties throughout the hospital are available for consultation with the ER.
Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) / Forensic Nursing program
Ascension Via Christi Hospital in Manhattan has a team of Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) on staff to provide a comprehensive forensic examination in the event a patient has been sexually assaulted.
Services offered include:
- Immediate medical care by a trained Emergency Room physician
- Forensic examination with a trained Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE)
- Advocacy support from the Crisis Center
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) preventative treatment
- Assistance with coordinating follow-up care and support
- Follow-up contact from the SANE program
For more information about the program, please see the program brochure or call 785-323-6880.