2016 Skin Symposium
Friday, August 19, 2016
8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Via Christi Hospital St. Francis
Guadalupe Conference Rm
929 N St Francis, Wichita
Cost: Via Christi associates -- $30
General public – $60
Target audience: Nursing & allied health
Topics covered will include:
- Pathophysiology of skin breakdown & initial assessment
- Pressure ulcer staging & treatment
- Neuropathic ulcers
- Wagner classification
- Skin tear identification & treatment
To register: Call Via Christi Health Connection at 316-689-5700
Nursing: Via Christi Hospitals in Wichita are approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Kansas State Board of Nursing. This course offering is approved for 7.4 contact hours applicable for RN, LPN and LMHT re-licensure. Kansas State Board of Nursing approved Provider Number: LT: 0062-0738.
Allied health professionals: Verification of attendance will be issued for hours attended.
CNE learning modules
For more information about Continuing Education classes at Via Christi, call us at 316-268-8551.
Advanced Life Support Classes for CNE
Advanced Life Support Classes are offered throughout the year. For schedules, fees and registration information, contact numbers are provided below.
Life Support Training Center
Contact: 316-268-6731 or 316-268-5316
- ATLS: Advanced Trauma Life Support
- ENPC: Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course
- TNCC: Trauma Nurse Core Course
American Heart Association (AHA) Courses - Via Christi Hospitals Wichita, Inc. is an approved AHA Training Center
- ACLS: Advanced Cardiac Life Support (new and update courses)
- PALS: Pediatric Advanced Life Support (new and update courses)
- BLS: Basic Life Support - Healthcare Provider (new and renewal courses)