- Lifetime Achievement Physician Award: Alex Ammar, MD, Wichita Surgical Specialists
- Resident Physician Award: Joshua McCoy, MD
- Early Career Physician Award: Larry Mitnaul, MD, Ascension Medical Group Via Christi
- Outpatient Physician Leadership Award: Kevin Hoppock, MD, Ascension Medical Group Via Christi
- Hospital Physician Leadership Award: Maggie Hagan, MD, Infectious Disease Consultants
You are here
White Mass, Physician Awards luncheon recognizes those serving in healthcare
A White Mass took place Sunday, Oct. 27, in recognition of those who serve in healthcare, followed by a Physician Awards luncheon at Ascension Via Christi St. Francis honoring five Wichita physicians.
Bishop Carl A. Kemme celebrated the Mass hosted by the Catholic Diocese of Wichita, the Catholic Medical Association and Ascension Via Christi. The White Mass is an opportunity for physicians to celebrate their patron, St. Luke, and for all healthcare workers to celebrate the mission of Catholic healthcare.
Congratulations to the Physician Award recipients, nominated by Ascension Via Christi Medical Staff physicians and a selection committee, which evaluated all nominations before selecting:
“It was a wonderful event — one that gave us the opportunity to recognize some truly outstanding physicians,” says Sam Antonios, MD, chief medical officer for Ascension Via Christi.
Alex Ammar, MD, Wichita Surgical Specialists with Sam Antonios, MD
Joshua McCoy, MD with Sam Antonios, MD
Maggie Hagan, MD, Infectious Disease Consultants with Sam Antonios, MD