The Mount Carmel Foundation is excited to announce that it allocated up to $47,476 to department grants for 2018.
“There are some great and exciting opportunities to help patient care in our hospital and also to assist associates in doing their work,” said Johnna Norton, Mount Carmel Foundation executive director. “These grants are great examples of how associate gifts to the foundation go right back to help Via Christi Hospital. Thank you for identifying ways that the foundation could make a significant and immediate impact for our patients and staff!”
All funds the foundation raises during its various events are used for Via Christi Hospital in Pittsburg’s associates, department needs and other local purchases, Norton added.
“Thank you to all our associates and our foundation supporters who make these grants possible,” she said.
Departments that will benefit from the grants include:
• Helping Hands Fund – Associate Assistance
• Personal Protective Equipment Supply Caddies
• Case Carts (Surgery Center)
• Patient Transport Stretchers (Ambulatory Care)
• Brain Injury Visual Assessment Battery (Rehabilitation Services)
• Arctic Sun Temperature System Pads (ICU)
• Patient Bed with Scale (Emergency Department)
• Prescription Assistance Program
• Transportation Assistance Program
• Diabetic Supplies Assistance Program
• Upper Body Extremity Machine (Cardiac Rehab/Heart Center)
• Wound Specialist Certification (Wound Care)
• CPR Monitor (ICU)
• Employee of the Month and FUNding Our Team