Ascension Via Christi once again will be a major sponsor of the Women’s Fair, Friday, Feb. 15, through Sunday, Feb. 17—an annual event you won’t want to miss!
The first 250 adult attendees through the doors when they open at noon on Friday will receive a handy ‘keeping it fresh' salad shaker as Via Christi joins the American Heart Association in Going Red for Women.
This year’s Via Christi-sponsored speakers include Jennifer Jackson, MD, whose talk “Food Fight: The Battle is REAL,” will take place at noon Saturday on the main stage, followed by Zonya Foco’s and Krista Sanderson’s 1 p.m. cooking stage presentation, “REAL FOOD! A New Way of Cooking, Eating and Living.” Dr. Jackson is an internal medicine specialist who serves as medical director for Via Christi’s Heart Failure Disease Management program.
Via Christi also will have a large and prominently placed booth again this year, where you can:
• Chat with representatives from Ascension Via Christi Weight Management about what you can do to achieve and maintain a healthy weight and reduce your risk for heart disease and diabetes.
• Check out the wares being offered by Ascension Via Christi Volunteers and find out more about how you can join them in making a difference in the lives of patients and their loved ones.
• Speak with physical therapists about how you can sign up for a free 20-minute assessment for muscle and joint pain or any mobility issues you may have.
• Have your blood pressure checked and learn about new life-saving heart procedures being introduced at Ascension Via Christi St. Francis.
• Let the NewLife Center team at Ascension Via Christi St. Joseph help you get dolled up for pictures in front of our media wall.
• Visit with Via Christi Cancer Outreach and Risk Assessment navigators to determine whether you or a loved one might benefit from genetic counseling or other prevention and support services.
For more information, visit http://www.womensfair.com/
Century II Expo Hall
225 W. Douglas