(The following is a blog post written by Teresa Sanborn, RDN, LD, Ascension Via Christi Weight Management in Manhattan.)
This holiday season, consider the following gifts that will help your friends, coworkers and loved ones continue their journey to health and weight loss:
- Slow cooker, or Instant Pot or Air Fryer
- A good, non-stick skillet
- Salad/greens spinner
- Cutting board and a good set of knives
- Blender with to-go cup or a mini-bullet
- Food steamer
- Oil mister
- Lunch bag/box: Taking your lunch to work can save you money and calories.
- Food savers for onion, tomatoes, garlic, lemon/lime. These containers keep half-used food from spoiling.
- Portion-control plate
- Coffee or tea mugs with positive messages
- Teas or coffees
- Apron: One of the healthiest changes you can make is to prepare more meals at home. Choose an apron that will inspire your favorite guy or gal to get in the kitchen more often.
- Healthy cookbook
- Watch to keep track of steps, healthy habits or other options
- Gift card to a sporting goods store
- A water bottle with timed markings
- A white noise sound machine to improve sleep
- Massages are always nice! (hint, hint)
For more information about Ascension Via Christi Weight Management, visit: