Providing prescriptions to discharging patients and Via Christi employees
Need a prescription after your hospital or emergency department visit?
Via Christi Outpatient Pharmacy is your most convenient and cost-effective choice. Located on-site at Via Christi Hospital St. Francis, we can pick up your doctor’s prescription from your room, fill it and deliver it back to your room.
Other benefits of using the outpatient pharmacy:
- Call ahead and have it ready before you go home
- Competitive pricing
- Unparalleled selection includes over-the-counter and hard-to-find medications
- Pay right in your room — even with credit and debit cards
- Pharmacist counseling available in your room via two-way audio/video
- Free delivery to other Via Christi facilities or mailed to you at no charge
- Most insurance plans accepted
For patients who need a refill, we can transfer your prescription to your preferred pharmacy with a simple call.
Services for Via Christi employees
The outpatient pharmacy at Via Christi Hospital St. Francis also allows Via Christi employees to have their prescriptions — as well as their dependents’ — filled at the pharmacy and then pick them up in person, have them mailed to their home or delivered to their Wichita ministry location via courier. Prescriptions for employees and their dependents can be refilled, using the convenience of either the pharmacy website or a telephone call.
In addition, the outpatient pharmacy will offer medications not usually stocked at traditional retail pharmacies as well as significantly discounted over-the-counter medications; the pharmacy can compound liquid and other forms of medications; and, upon request, can place special orders. Prescriptions and refills can be ordered by calling 316-613-6511 or by visiting the pharmacy’s website.